Sunday, February 8, 2009

5 stars


I'm so self indulgent.

Instead of purchasing something useful and sensible for my new post-college Adult life like a good suit or a plastic mat for my desk chair to roll on so it stops ripping up my hardwood floor, I bought a set of 5 stars to remind myself what enjoyment feels like before the next 70 years of mind numbing existence ensue.

...These rims (one of which was graciously sold to me by Tom Schaible of SwitchHandSignal in Pittsburgh after a failed attempt on my part at getting a cracked one welded) look like crap. I wanted them to look like beige crap though, so I didnt sand them or prep them in any way before I painted them. My hope is that as they get knocked around, they'll eventually catch up to how beat up my gas tank is and the whole bike will look like an original (but unkempt) Limited.


The paint is ACE hardware brand Water Cooler Beige and the pinstriping is 1/8" red vinyl from Advance Auto Parts.

3 comments:

  1. The wheels look good, the red pin stripe is the finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! I need to do mine as well. I've got the paint, but i'm scared of the stripe. Was that hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not really at all. i'd definitely make a light mark around the edge of the rim with a pencil or something where you want to lay the pinstripe though. i just eyeballed mine and they're wonky in spots.

    ReplyDelete