Sunday, February 8, 2009

LTD Dash


I got this dash from a dude in town who was "using it" on a perpetually "in progress" Maxi project. I didn't know if he'd be willing to part with it or not...I only hoped that he would find it as heartbreaking as I did that there was a legit LTD tank and dash in Cincinnati that weren't together. As it turned out, I didn't even have to get mushy or buy him a bag of candy hearts first; he agreed to trade me the dash for a set of regular chrome clubman handlebars.

I'm too cheap and lazy to order anything from overseas so I replaced the tach with what European automakers replaced their tachs with in the 80's for cheap and lazy American buyers - a stupid analog clock. I got it on ebay for 20 bucks and hooked it up to a little 12v battery in a holder I got at a very depressing RadioShack.


Super cute! Now I'll always know how much time I have to get to the liquor store or the nearest Wendy's before they close!

3 comments:

  1. I love that clock! I kind of want to replace my tach with one... a clock is more useful than a tach on an automatic moped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clock stopped. battery life is bad.

    ok, i actually didn't investigate whether or not the clock actually stopped or if someone just changed the time because their fingers needed something to do, but i thought i'd rain on this parade anyway.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, it ate that battery up in 3 days.

    ReplyDelete